Everyone knows it's hard to keep ahead of the changing technologies and how best to support our children and keep them safe. We are pleased to be able to share these fantastic guides each month from the Knowsley City Learning Centres which have been designed to inform and update parents about new sites, exciting new ideas and opportunities along with handy hints for staying safe.
We have introduced the following guidance for children about how to stay safer when they are online.
Safer Online Policy for Children
We've also created a bank of useful links for further information about keeping your child safe online in addition to advice regarding cyberbullying and guides regarding Youtube, Instagram and Google searches.
Please click on each link:
- Keeping Young Children Safe Online (UK Safer Internet Centre) - A useful eSafety Guide for parents
- Avoiding Ratting - Remote Access Trojans
- The Digizen website - "This provides information for educators, parents, carers, and young people. It is used to strengthen their awareness and understanding of what digital citizenship is and encourages users of technology to be and become responsible Digital Citizens."
- A guide from Google to show parents how they can protect your family online.
- YouTube Safety Centre
- The Cybersmile Foundation website (The Cyberbullying Charity)
- 'The Parents' and Carers' Guide to the Internet', has been created by CEOP to provide a light hearted and realistic look at what it takes to be a better online parent.
- Child Safety Online Overview (Knowthenet)
- Advice for parents and carers on cyberbullying
- A Parents' Guide to Instagram
- Spring 2023 Online Safety Briefing
- A Guide to WhatsApp for parents and carers
For further information please don't hesitate to get in touch and for any questions.